Camera Hardware Engineer
Videology Imaging Solutions designs, develops & manufactures image capture & transmission products for a wide variety of OEM customers around the world. Being a small but well established USA company with a second base of operations in Europe enables Videology to supply premier customers in imaging markets such as:
- Life sciences
Our customer base is a healthy mix of established & new accounts. We routinely retain customers through multiple generations of their redesigns and also continue to capture new customers.
A focus for the future is larger-scale integration within customer systems, expanding our product scope beyond cameras. Implementing this strategy requires an engineering hardware leader who can communicate, interact, and collaborate effectively with customers to develop product requirements & solutions, and then can design, oversee and push the overall design effort forward, coordinating the work of both internal & external teams. Our starting point is always to leverage existing products in new applications, which can be challenging. More excitement & opportunity is presented by new designs now in the concept stage which incorporate autonomous operating systems.
Videology’s environment is fast paced, interactive, creative, and totally customer oriented. We adapt our products & processes as we identify new opportunities for growth. For example we are now in the process of upgrading our ISO9001 quality systems to ISO 13485 certification for medical device manufacturing, a market where we see great potential.
Education: MSEE (or equivalent) or demonstrated equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years of increasingly complex projects & designs
- Critical thinking skills
- Desire to grow and learn
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility in support of design and USA manufacturing start up phases
- Ownership of effort
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Clear and effective communication
Baseline Skills & Capabilities:
- Video camera design, image acquisition and processing and transmission
- FPGA architecting & programming and oversight of embedded designers
- Schematic design and complex PCB layouts of miniature PCB’s and/or oversight of such
- Digital communication technologies
- Component & design choices that minimize cost, extend product life, and are adaptable to multiple applications
- Rapid comprehension of customer system requirements
Additional Desirable Skills:
- USB design experience
- Web based and mobile applications
- Embedded Linux on ARMs
- Android OS
- Image compression & Internet Protocols
- Wireless experience
Videology offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package, and the potential for rapid growth to greater responsibilities & compensation as capability is demonstrated.
If you are comfortable leading the development of innovative solutions at a rapid pace please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com Attention: HR/Hardware Engineer
or FAX 401-949-5276